The Romance of Chastisement

The Romance of Chastisement

Friday, July 20, 2012

Story Contest Redux

The story contest over at KLSF (www.thespankinglibrary.org) is finishing up. Final voting tomorrow ends at midnight GMT. I don't know how many who read this blog are members there, but if you are, go vote. It helps to make the results more accurate if readers vote on all the stories, and not just some of them. I will admit, I have a dog or two in that fight and I'll publish those stories here after it's all over. What are my chances? Honestly, I have no idea. Tastes in stories are so wildly diverse that it is impossible to predict winners. I've tried and I'm terrible at it. My favorites don't win. Apparently my criteria are very different from those of the majority of the readers. That being said, I have had some small success at these things. My best statistic is that I have finished in the top six in all the contests except the poetry challenge. So, (knock on wood) we'll see. And BTW, I thought my poem was damn good.

No comments: