The Romance of Chastisement

The Romance of Chastisement

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The dreaded "adult" tag

I sell all the books you see here on Amazon, specifically in the Kindle store. The links are embedded in the cover art, so clicking on one will take you right there. That's important because if you go to Amazon and try to find my titles in the general search window, you will not find me. Why? Amazon embeds an invisible (to the author and to the user) tag that signals to its search engine that this is an "adult" book and is not to be displayed in general search results. Instead you must look specifically in the Kindle store. In addition, any books you do find in a general site search will not list my books in the "also bought" panel underneath a selection that may even be directly on point. Try it. In the general search pane type "spanking stories", my stock-in-trade. My books will not come up.

I can't do anything about this. Once a product is tagged, literally, "you're it!"

Enough whining. Tomorrow, a story. I promise.


No comments: